Owning a dog is by far the most rewarding ‘work’ you could ever do. Dogs are very needy creatures, sure. But when you are lonely, they are the best companions to have and they love hard! Owning a dog as a single woman has so many perks. You don’t have to wait for people to say yes when you want to go on a hike or go for a long walk. Your dogs will ALWAYS be in the mood for an adventure. And will love snacking as much as you do!
Things I learned from my dog
- Never pass up the opportunity to go for a joyride.
- Allow the experience of fresh air and wind in your face to be pure ecstasy.
- When loved ones come home, always run to greet them.
- When it’s in your best interest, practice obedience.
- Let others know when they have invaded your territory.
- Take naps and stretch before rising.
- Run, romp and play daily.
- Eat with gusto and enthusiasm.
- Be loyal.
- Never pretend to be something you are not.
- If what you want lies buried, dig until you find it.
- When someone is having a bad day, be silent, sit close and nuzzle them gently.
- Thrive on attention and let people touch you.
- Avoid biting when a simple growl will do.
- On hot days, drink lots of water and lay under a shade tree.
- When you’re happy, dance around and wag your entire body.
- No matter how often you are scolded, don’t buy into the guilt thing and pout, . . . . run right back and make friends.
- Bond with your pack.
- Delight in the simple joy of a long walk.
- Long after you are gone, remain a memory in your master’s dreams.